Science Profession ScholarshipHigh School Post-secondary
SCHOLARSHIP & AWARDS PROGRAM FOR AFRICAN NOVA SCOTIAN STUDENTS
In response to the Black Learners Advisory Committee (BLAC) Report on Education, a number of scholarships are available to African Nova Scotian (Black) students who have displayed a commitment to academic excellence and community involvement.
- Priority will be given to the following programs: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Engineering
- Applicant must be a Black African Nova Scotian student
- Applicant must have attended a Nova Scotia P-12 Public/Private school in Nova Scotia
- Be accepted or registered as a full-time student in one of the prescribed university programs.
- Demonstrate continued scholastic achievement (attach an official academic transcript - internet copies are not acceptable)
Submission and Application Details
- submit a typed essay (300 words - first time applicants) describing past involvement with, and vision for future development of the African Nova Scotian community (award is only available for a maximum of three consecutive years)
- Students must submit an application each year to be considered for award
- Must not possess a professional degree
- Be willing to participate in school to work transition follow-up surveys
- Attach two letters of reference (one reference from a university professor and one character reference [non-relative])attach two letters of reference (one reference from a university professor and one character reference [non-relative])