Emerging Leaders Scholarships
Nova Scotia PowerHigh School Post-secondary
Nova Scotia Power is awarding four non-renewable $2,500 awards to students entering any year of a full time post-secondary education program in the areas of Power Engineering, Power Line Technician, Instrumentation Tech, Engineering, Technology, Business, Marketing & Communications, Environmental Sciences or Law. Recipients may have the opportunity to participate in a 12-week paid internship at Nova Scotia Power. Recipients will be notified to apply for opportunities. Past recipient winners can re-apply each year.
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizens or landed immigrant, and be a resident of Nova Scotia.
- Applicants must be enrolled in of the following program from any Canadian University or College: Power Engineering, Power Line Technician, Instrumentation Tech, Engineering, Technology, Business, Marketing & Communication, Environmental Sciences or Law.
- Recipients are selected on the basis of, financial need, leadership, service to the community, involvement in extra- curricular activities, and their written essay. Academic standing will be considered as part of the selection process.
To qualify please complete the Nova Scotia Power Emerging Leader Scholarships online application and include the following documents under “Attachments”;
- High School transcript (Grade 10-12, including fall semester marks.) or University transcript (unofficial is acceptable);
- Essay; max 500 words. TOPIC: “Why are you the right choice for this scholarship? Describe the area(s) in your life where you demonstrated leadership and overcame obstacles either through your school, social, or family life.” . Write a brief essay that will help them get to know the person behind the application form);
For more details on this and other scholarships offered by Nova Scotia Power, please visit their website at: https://www.nspower.ca/community/scholarships.