The Department of Agriculture has an entrance scholarship of at least $2500 available to support your first year of study in an agricultural degree program at a Canadian university. In addition to receiving the scholarship, you will also have a summer job with the Department of Agriculture after completing your first year.
Details on summer student job available on application page.
You are an African Nova Scotian enrolled in your first year of a B.Sc (Agriculture) program at a Canadian university. You are excited to learn more about agriculture and are willing to bring your community perspective to the job!
Submission and Application Details
You will need to include:
- Resume and cover letter
- Reference letter (from a teacher, counsellor, student support worker, coach, employer, etc)
- Create a short communication piece ( e.g. 2-4 minute video, or 1-2 page essay, graphic design etc) saying:
- Why food security is important to your community
- The most exciting thing happening in agriculture right now
- Why you want to pursue an agricultural career
Submission details for communication piece can be viewed on application website