RBC Capital Markets is committed to advancing diversity and strengthening inclusion in the workplace. In support of this commitment, RBC is proud to offer the RBC Pathways Diversity Award Program in Canada, which aims to invest in, hire, and retain outstanding undergraduate students who identify as Black and/or as an Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) person of Canada studying full-time at a Canadian university/college, and who are passionate about pursuing a full-time career in Capital Markets.
Select applicants will advance to interviews, and successful candidates will earn a C$10,000* financial award, executive sponsorship, and an offer to join the Global Investment Banking or Global Markets Summer Analyst Program in Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver.
Student Info Sessions – Save the Date and Register by January 21!
All eligible students interested in learning more about RBC Pathways are invited to RSVP for one of the following virtual info sessions. RSVP here by January 21, 11:59pm ET; event details will be shared 1-2 business days in advance.
January 29, 12pm ET – organized for candidates who self-identify as Black
January 31, 12pm ET – organized for candidates who self-identify as an Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, and/or Métis) person of Canada
- You are an undergraduate student enrolled full-time at a Canadian college or university
- You will graduate between December 2025 and June 2026
- You self-identify as Black and/or an Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) person of Canada
- You have a strong academic record, varied extra-curricular participation, and a genuine interest in pursuing a career in finance upon graduation
- You are available to join a full-time summer internship program running May to August 2025
- You are a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer up to and including August 2025
*This opportunity is open to eligible students from all academic programs; STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) students are encouraged to apply.
Submission and Application Details
To submit a complete application, please prepare the following three items in PDF file format and upload them under the “Supporting Documentation” section of the online application form:
- Your updated, one page resume (PDF format) including your cumulative GPA
- Your one page cover letter (PDF format) detailing your interest in a career in Investment Banking or Global Markets with RBC Capital Markets
- Your official or unofficial academic transcripts (PDF format) of any post-secondary semesters completed to date, including your Fall 2023 grades. If it is not possible to receive an official transcript by the application deadline, please include an unofficial transcript